lunedì 25 febbraio 2013

MARCH SESSION 2013 ANDRADE CARLA

ANDRADE CARLA


BIOGRAPHY: Carla Andrade (Vigo, Spain, 1983). Degree in Audio-visual Communication at Salamanca University and currently studying Philosophy in Madrid University. Workshops with Photographers such as Bernard Plossu, Castro Pietro or Vari CaramÈs.†Analogue Photography Course at La Casa Encendida (Madrid) and Digital Photography course in BlankPaper School (Madrid). Artist residency fellowships: Bilbaoarte (Spain), Herh·si_ (Iceland) and Arna†FÂgelriket†(Sweden). Fellowship I Encontro de Artistas Novos at Cidade da Cultura, curated by Rafael Doctor. 1st prize Art Madrid Process. Special Award Mujeres Foro Di·logo 2012 Alliance FranÁaise / Pilar Citoler (Madrid), Special Mention in OCEMX Photography Award 2011 (Mexico City). Finalist in Festivals such as Encontros da Imagem 2012(Portugal), Emergent Lleida 2010, Pa-ta-ta 2011 (Granada), INCUBARTE 2011 & 2012 (Valencia), etc.. And in awards as the Visual Arts UCM Award 2011, Auditorio de Galicia Prize 2011, PurificaciÛn Garcia, Antoni Gilabert Visual Arts (Mallorca), etc. Exhibitions: Jeune CrÈation (Paris), Nord Art (Germany), Plai Festival (Romania), Barcelona Showcase, Off Print (Paris), etc…

ARTIST STATEMENT: I’ve been always interested in aesthetic experience and how it works as a transformer of conscience. This was what led me to study Communication Studies and Philosophy. I began to take photos as a way for recording experienced sensations, to catch reality and leave it protected forever. It’s a nostalgic act. This melancholy of the time, such as becoming without detention, is reflected in all my work.†

Landscape, understood as an indissoluble part of what we are, is essential in all my work. Reinterpretation of nature in a global and hyper technical present. Landscape interest me not only from an ecological reading, as the experience of inhabiting the universe, space whose annihilation is our own self-destruction, but also, and above all, the return to nature as a source of truth and beauty, as a political legitimation of the Human, as a simple and powerful revolution. This "escapism" is not a form of nihilism or denial but a form of frustration and dissatisfaction that asks for the recognition of our microcosm condition. Humility, I believe it is necessary in a world corrupted by the anthropocentrism. "Silence", necessary for the over-saturation of information to which we are exposed and that has made us go into a state of shock, a state of empty indifference.

Landscape is an element that we dispossess but men want to dominate it. Longing for open spaces to re-establish continuity with nature. Landscapes in which nature and men are confronted, but where, at the same time, an ecstatic reaction occurs between them. Between man and nature there is a metaphysical tension. We live in an anthropocentric world. Men think world was made for them and that is the reason we can do whatever we want.†But we are just part of it. We're only more nature in relation to nature. And we must respect and even obey its laws. But as the man is believed the owner of the world, he is dedicated to reform, to break it and destroy it... An engineering of the planet. I’m really interested about this. I thing we must be conscious of our microcosm condition. So that’s why I like to give a kind of magical powers to Landscape, a Landscape in which man becomes insignificant.

At the same time I’m interested in “reveal” the secrets of life… The secrets of this powerful nature. So, I try to investigate these secrets through observation, and in a deeper level, through contemplation. In this way my images seek to know what is not mine, what is outside, the objective reality, but filtered through my consciousness. So they are very subjective images, sometimes near the abstraction.

There is a deep personal desire to improve the immediate present to alleviate a characteristic material dissatisfaction. Here, individual feelings become universal. In my work there is no experimentation, but experience. They are images captured in moments of visual release, a kind of exaltation of desire. My work does not seek to expose the problems in the universe. It doesn't intend to be science; it prefers to accept the unusual and the unknown, intensifying the individual effort. Poetic-scientific seizure of the world, use of a "sensible reason". Search the "Poetic Image" understood "sudden highlight of the psyche " (Gaston Bachelard). For this, I’m not interested in doing perfect images; in fact I like the “error”. Because they are more feelings and expressions than try to show world as it is, but as it is feel. My photography is halfway through documentary, fantastic and experimentation. I photograph reality to make it to go beyond reality but through itself, without tricks or interventions. Universe of dreams fascinate me because they are not censured by reality. This is why I like to investigate my subconscious and liberate it when I take pictures. It's about creating images from “dreams” and dreams from images. I create magic landscapes where optical laws have changed.

My pictures have a pictorial aesthetic to emphasize the idea of landscape built through the gaze. The camera works as a brush that paints life but without its triviality. A way of seeing not saturated, and highly subjective, so emotionally distanced that borders the impersonal. Remoteness, with the intention of blur, flees the sharpness to bring me closer to elementary forms.†




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento