lunedì 6 maggio 2013

MAY SESSION - NYBA 2013 - EVI PHOTOPOULOS

EVI PHOTOPOULOS



STUDIES
- Four years studying in art lab with the
director of the School of Art in Athens (1990-1994)
-Four years working in design
(clothes- textile) in Italy (1995-1999)

-Three years studying at Art Workshop in Athens(2000-2003)
-Three years studying Byzantine icons(2004-2007)
-Two years in London Art College &Tate Modern courses (2007-2009)

PERMANENT COLLECTIONS:

-MUNICIPAL ART GALLERY LOS ANGELES/USA
-MUNICIPAL ART GALLERY HERAKLION/CRETE
-MUNICIPAL ART GALLERY CHANIA/CRETE
-MUSEUM OF MODERN ART /LAS VEGAS
-PRINT ART MUSEUM GUANLAN/CHINA
-HLSI INSTITUTION / LONDON
-MUSEUM OF MODERN ART CHANIA/CRETE

MUSEUM EXHIBITIONS:
-MUSEUM DE LOUVRE/PARIS
MPORIUM ART MUSEUM LAS VEGAS
-MUNICIPAL ART GALLERY LOS ANGELES/USA
-MUNICIPAL ART GALLERY HERAKLION/CRETE
-MUSEUM OF MODERN ART /LAS VEGAS
-CHIANCIANO MUSEUM OF ART
-GUANLAN ART MUSEUM/CHINA
-DIOSCURI DEL QUIRINALE MUSEUM , ROME/ITALY
-HISTORICAL MUSEUM OF INFANTRY ROME/ITALY
-JAFFA ANTIQUITIES MUSEUM/TEL AVIV
-MUSEO MERIDA-MEXICO
-"MOYA"MUSEUM OF MODERN ART -VIENNA
-ITALIAN INSTITUTE OF CULTURE-COLOGNE
-ESTENSE CASTLE MUSEUM FERRARA/ITALY
-MUSEUM OF MODERN ART CHANIA/CRETE
-SAN GIOVANNI BATTISTA MUSEUM VENICE/ITALY
-HLSI INSTITUTION / LONDON
-TOWN HALL CHELSEA/LONDON

ART FAIR/ BIENNALES:


"NEW YORK BIENNALE MAY 2013"
"SNBA CARROUSEL DE LΟUVRE 2012"
MIAMI ART SCENE” 2012
"PARALLAX ART FAIR"- NEW YORK 2012
"EFFETO BIENNALE"MEXICO , MARCH 2012
"PARALLAX ART FAIR"- CHELSEA 2012
"AVIFF" ART SHOW- CANNES FESTIVAL 2012&2013
"GZ-ARTBASEL 2012"
"ART AWARDS"CHIANCIANO ART MUSEUM"2012
"AAF -AFFORDABLE ART FAIR -LONDON"2011 ,
"BIENNALE OF CHIANCIANO 2011"
"FLORENCE BIENNALE 2011
"GUANLAN INTERNATIONAL PRINT BIENNIAL CHINA, 2011

GALLERY EXHIBITIONS:
-NINA TORRES FINE ART GALLERY/MIAMI
-TONDINELLI GALLERY/ROME
-SUG'ART GALLERY/CANNES
-GAGLIARDI GALLERY/LONDON
-HIGHGATE GALLERY/LONDON
-SPAZIO ART GALLERY/LECCE-ITALY
-THE ZHOU BROTHERS ART CENTER" CHICAGO/IL
-GALLERIA DE'MARCHI BOLOGNA -ITALY
-33 CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY, CHICAGO
-MARZIA FROZEN GALLERY-BERLIN
-NAILS ART GALLERY,BRISTOL/UK
-STUDIO ARTE CARAPOSTOL, VENICE
-ARTWORK NETWORK GALLERY,NEW YORK
-INFINITY GALLERY,NEW YORK
-MERCER 82-SOHO,NEW YORK

REPRESENTATIVE ART GALLERIES:

-GAGLIARDI GALLERY/LONDON
-TONDINELLI GALLERY/ROME
-ΜΙΑΜΙ ΑRT SCENE

ART BOOKS:
-DAPHNE'S JOURNEY
-WITH THE WINGS OF A SWAN
-DANIEL ON THE MOUNTAIN OF COLOURS
-EVENING SYMPHONY
-THE MAGIC WORLD OF BIRDS (Volume :Garden Birds)
-INVISIBLE WORLD (Volume: Insects)
(Copies of the books, are in the below Museums:
Natural History Museum (Athens,Berlin,London,Crete)
Museum of Modern Art Berlin/Chania
HLSI Highgate Gallery Institution London




NYBA 2013

ARTIST'S STETEMENT

My works are a more advanced expression of my personal Mythology…

At night, when the ghosts come out,  my whole being is awakened to respond to them.
I crawl like a mountaineer on a hard to reach summit and the only help I get is from certain primitive figures, important beings, something like angels of serenity and salvation.
Other times they are demons, thoughts, figures that haunt me and guide my hand to draw them.

I am not sure what they are exactly. They pull me from the edge of the abyss and influenced like that, I escape from the darkness, away from menace and fear.
These spirits, these figures, these souls full of mercy and consent save me.
I never asked them and I will never do. I only know that I leave them surround me, by their priceless company.

I know nothing else, words are not helpful and I start drawing. Slowly and humbly, I secretly picture them. These figures are the ones that drive my hand to the lines and colours. What about ME? I hope that I will understand them, this flame I feel inside, this flapping I feel in my soul...
EVI PHOTOPOULOS








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento